Curried Goat Recipe | Healthy Meal Ideas
This Curried Goat Recipe is a traditional Jamaican recipe, and is made with our Jamaican Curry Spice Mix.
- 1.25 kg (2 1/2 lbs) goat, trimmed, cubed and goat bones
- 6 cloves, freshly ground
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 20ml Maggie’s Jamaican Curry spice mix
- 4-6 allspice berries, freshly ground
- 800g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 10-15ml Maggie's Roasted with Balsamic African Chilli Sauce
- Sprig of thyme and parsley
- 750ml (1 1/4 pints) of chicken stock
- Put goat, lime juice, Jamaican Curry spice, turmeric, about 2 level teaspoons of salt, 2 cloves garlic, allspice and cloves to marinate.
- Allow to stand in a cool place for 4 hours or overnight.
- Turn into a heavy pot with a close fitting lid (get all the marinate in the pot) and simmer on a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir and bring to the boil.
- Simmer on a low heat until meat is tender.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with Malawi Kilombero Rice.