Buy any 3 x 35g Spice mixes for £10 with code SP310
Green Banana Curry
- 3 tbsps oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of garlic, peeled and grated
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 450g/ 1lb green bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400g/14oz tin coconut cream
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger in the oil over medium heat till onions are transparent.
- Add the cumin, coriander, and turmeric, and fry for 5 minutes
- Stir in green bananas, coconut cream and soy sauce with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a bit more water as necessary to prevent burning.
- Serve with roti or Malawi Kilombero rice.