Skip to main content
- 675g kale
- 45ml olive oil
- 2 x shallots, very finely chopped
- 2 x garlic cloves, crushed salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Wash the kale under cold running water.
- Cut out the tough stalks and discard them.
- Taking 5 or 6 leaves at a time, roll them up tightly like a cigar.
- Using a sharp vegetable knife, slice the kale as finely as possible.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, stir fry the shallots and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the shredded kale to the shallot and garlic and stir fry over high heat for about 5 minutes until the kale starts to soften, and has reduced but is still crisp. Serve hot.
- Or serve as the base for a tostada, filling for a wrap, or a side dish.