Get a free copy of Maggie's new cookbook 'African Twist' when you spend £35 or more!
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 250g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- A little hot water to mix
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place the flour, salt and the desiccated coconut in a large bowl.
- Mix and add a little water, a bit at a time, till soft dough is formed.
- Knead till the dough is smooth.
- Form the dough into golf sized balls and set aside on a floured surface.
- With floured hands, flatten a ball into a thick round and roll out very thinly using a floured rolling pin.
- Brush hot griddle or frying pan with a little oil, and when hot, place roti in pan.
- Cook for a few minutes till bubbles form and start to brown, then turn over and cook the other side.
- Remove and place on a clean tea cloth and wrap to keep warm.